Collection of Information
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, place an order or make a purchase, fill out a form, leave a review, participate in contests, promotions or surveys, apply for a job, engage with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include:
- your name, email address, phone number, postal address, ZIP code, payment information, My Philz Account username and password, social media usernames;
- if you are applying for employment, a resume with any employment and professional information you choose to provide; or
- any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information, including, but not limited to:
- Transaction Information: When you place an order or make a purchase, we collect information about the transaction, such as the items ordered, the transaction amount, the payment information, the delivery address, and the order date.
- Log Information: We collect log information about your access and use of our website, such as your domain name, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location when you access or use one of our mobile applications or when you otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details about the collection of location information and the choices you have, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies, including cookies, to collect information about you and our interaction with our Services, including information about your browsing and purchase behavior. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience on these Services, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources and link or combine that with information we collect about you. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site or if you associate your social media account with your My Philz account or with your employment application with Philz, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including, but not limited, to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including your in-store and online ordering experience;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process orders, transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- Respond to your comments, questions, requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Philz and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage promotional communications, please see “Your Choices” below);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Assess and respond to employment applications; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Philz or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with third parties to serve you ads as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter). As part of these ad campaigns, we may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertisements customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized advertisements. For more information about how you can opt out of customized campaigns, please see “Your Choices” below.
Philz takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about yourself at any time by logging into your account or by contacting us at email@example.com or at 415-635-2790. If you wish to deactivate your account, you may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 415-635-2790. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, you may contact us here, but note that we may retain certain information that you provide through our Services as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We also may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
When you first launch some of our mobile applications or first access certain features in the mobile applications, you will be asked to consent to the collection of location information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can later stop this collection by changing the settings on your mobile phone. Our mobile app uses location services when your app is in background mode, your app is closed, or "always in use" if you have chosen Curbside Pick-up. If you do so, certain features of our Services will no longer function, such as providing stores located near you. You can also stop our collection of location information by our mobile applications by following the standard uninstall process and removing our applications from your mobile phone.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications, or by editing the preferences of your account or emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
CALIFORNIA DATA PRIVACY
California Consumers’ Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request information regarding the:
- Categories of Personal Information (as defined by applicable California law) collected, sold or disclosed by us;
- Purposes for which categories of Personal Information collected by us are used;
- Sources of information from which we collect Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
In addition, if you are a California resident you may:
- Opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your Personal Information, in some circumstances;
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us; however, you may still receive administrative communications regarding the Services;
- Opt-in to certain financial incentive programs we may offer related to the collection, sale, or deletion of your Personal Information; and
- Request deletion of your Personal Information by us and our service providers, in some circumstances.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides that California residents may not be discriminated against for exercising rights under the Act.
Collection of Personal Information from California Residents
- Commercial Information
- Internet/Electronic Activity Information
Disclosure of Personal Information from California Residents
Philz does not and will not sell the personal information of California residents collected under this policy without consent. Philz has not sold personal information of California consumers for a business or commercial purpose in the last 12 months.
If you are a California resident, you can make requests related to your California privacy rights here. When you make a request, we may ask you to provide verifying information, such as your name, email, or phone number. We will review the information provided and may request additional information via email or other means to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual. Please also be aware that making any such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal or deletion of Personal Information or content you may have posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow us to fulfill your request. You may also submit a request by calling 800-641-7478.
Do Not Track
Philz Coffee, Inc. does not currently take steps to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.