Purchasing and Distribution Manager
How you’ll better peoples' day:
You will manage and continually improve costs, on-time delivery, and supply assurance within the distribution network so that our stores have the right product at the right time.
Who you get to work with:
You’ll collaborate with peers across the organization in Supply Chain, Finance, and Operations as you align purchasing and distribution with Philz organizational objectives.
What you get to work on:
Your primary focus will be continuously improving distribution quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times and transport costs.
- Solicit input from key stakeholders on the key areas of opportunity within the distribution network
- Source packaging, store supplies and various commodities
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets
- Develop and maintain a consistent product catalog with distribution Partner
- Resolve any arising problems, shortages or complaints and develop the right processes to prevent reoccurrence of problems
- Identify and collaborate with Supply Chain Leadership to achieve an efficient and effective distribution network
- Management and creation of short, mid, and long-term goals and objectives for distribution network
- Identify cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities within the distribution network
- Budget management
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Experience with co-packers, 3PL, logistics and warehousing and other 3rd party providers
Strong sourcing and negotiation skills with experience in negotiating contracts (e.g.
commodities and packaging)
- Solid operational management and general business skills and savvy
- Working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, financial accounting, cost of goods, treasury, and risk management
- Experience with sourcing and procurement systems - NetSuite and Hubworks
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and multitask
- Works well cross functionally building strong relationships internally and externally
- Ability to navigate google workspace (Gmail, Calendar, Meet, Chat, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms)
- Minimum 5 years of supply management, logistics, distribution, warehousing, or related experience
- Experience working with 3rd party warehousing and distribution partners
- Restaurant or retail experience, preferred
- Proven track record of delivering supply chain related savings
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering or related area, Master’s degree preferred
At Philz, we are an equal opportunity employer and embrace a diverse workforce.