California (within a Philz Market - SF Bay Area/LA/San Diego)
How you'll Better Peoples' Day:
This role Betters Peoples’ Days by bringing structure and process to the monthly accounting processes and close.
Who you get to work with:
You’ll be working with our accounting team.
What you get to work on:
By working under the guidance of the Controller, the Assistant Controller will:
- Take ownership of the month-end close process. Identify opportunities to streamline and shorten the days to close while working toward a consistent and repeatable process.
- Assist the Controller with monthly financial statement reporting for both internal and external reporting.
- Support annual audit, including preparation and review of documentation and partnering with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues and ensure timely completion
- Onboard, train, and coach team members
- Develop and ensure adherence to internal controls across Philz.
- Ad hoc
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- CPA preferred with 10+ years of experience in accounting and related educational degree.
- Knowledge of Google Workspace, NetSuite, HubWorks or other P2P systems.
- Strong analytical and organization skills, with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent Interpersonal and problem-solving skills to gather information from different departments.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and work with cross functional teams.
- Prior multi retail, hospitality, restaurant and manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- We value experience in both public and PE-owned companies.
- Open to current Controllers or strong candidates ready for the next step in their career.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- CPA preferred with 10+ years of experience in accounting and related educational degree
At Philz, we are an equal opportunity employer and embrace a diverse workforce.