San Francisco, CA
How you'll Better Peoples' Day:
This role Betters Peoples’ Day by creating and implementing scalable systems, processes, and accounting controls for our Manufacturing team.
Who you get to work with:
You’ll be collaborating with multiple teams across Philz; Store Operations, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing.
What you get to work on:
Participate in developing and maintaining internal controls and run the month-end accounting close process for the Philz Roasting Plant.
- Run the Philz Roasting Plant month-end accounting close process, including closing
work orders, transfer orders, physical inventory counts, posting inventory adjustment journal
entries, maintaining inventory reconciliations, and other reporting requirements to ensure
compliance with U.S. GAAP standards.
- Support yearly audits including the preparation and review of PBCs and other audit work,
directly interact with internal and external resources to ensure resolution of any issues and
timely completion of audits.
- Participate in developing and maintaining strong internal controls, ensuring quality controls
over all systems, transactions and reporting as well as drive process improvements and
- Assist in system implementation as well as other ad-hoc projects.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- 10+ years of combined experience in accounting, cost accounting and/or supply chain
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to think independently
- Strong analytical and organization skills, with impeccable attention to detail
- Experience in both public and PE ownership private company environment
- Experience with retail or CPG companies is a plus
At Philz, we are an equal opportunity employer and embrace a diverse workforce.