Packaging Machine Operator I
What You’ll Do
- Learn and operate equipment such as the Velteko, Matrix, label printer, blending/grinding machines
- Operate manual packaging equipment to include: heat sealing machine, foot powered bagging machine, coffee mixers, coffee grinders, manual and electric pallet jacks etc.
- Clean packaging machinery / work areas daily - document on checklists, follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Enter lot codes on work orders
- Perform inventory and/or cycle counts
- Operate forklifts to move equipment and supplies
- Report maintenance issues to the supervisor
- Follow Safety / OSHA processes, procedures and regulations
- Continuous improvement and 5S projects as directed
- Contribute to a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner with customers, suppliers, and co-workers
What you’ll need
- 0-2 years previous experience in a medium to large warehouse and/or packaging experience.
- Good command of English language skills both written and oral.
- Previous experience in a role that requires a strong attention to detail and adherence to guidelines, policies or procedures.
- Previous experience working in a team environment and demonstrates professional and positive communications and behaviors
- Ability to stand and move for long periods of time (6-8 hours)
- Ability to use fingers, hand, reach and bend down (4-6 hours)
- Physically able to push/pull 150-2500 pounds lbs. using pallet jacks and/or heavy machinery
As COVID-19 remains a serious threat, we have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy that enables us to continue bettering days in the safest way possible. We require our team members to be fully vaccinated or have an eligible exemption as a condition of employment. In order to protect the health and safety of all our team members and our guests, and to ensure that we are following proper safety protocols in the county and state in which you will work, we must ascertain your vaccination status prior to your first day of work. If you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, please plan to have a copy of your full vaccination record or a picture of your vaccination record ready to present along with your I9 form and identification documents during your onboarding and on your first day of employment. If you have not been vaccinated, and believe you have a medical and/or religious exemption to receiving the vaccine, we will ask you about this during your onboarding and we will require documentation in support of a medical and/or religious exemption. If you are approved for an exemption, we will engage with you in the interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation that does not cause Philz undue hardship can be offered.