Barista - Santa Monica
525 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401
We are humbled to Better Days at Philz. Our mission will always remain unchanged, but we continue to evolve how we're serving our community during this time, with our priority being on team member & customer safety. We’ve partnered with medical professionals to create protocols to protect the health of our Team Members and customers.
Our daily operations and safety protocols include:
- Philz Safety Training and commitments to uphold safety procedures
- Rigorous cleaning and sanitation procedures
- Masks and gloves provided, and clear expectations
- Daily symptoms check for our Team Members
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
At Philz, we’re doing something bigger than coffee. We’re building culture and community. We believe in warmth, authenticity, kindness, positivity and passion. Our barista team delivers that human connection to our customers, creating experiences that better people’s days—one cup at a time.
You'll be active all day with many responsibilities, including making drinks, preparing food orders, working the register, cleaning and stocking. Our mission of bettering days can’t be met alone, so you’ll partner with a communicative, supportive, and respectful team. With everything you do, you’ll have an eye towards creating and delivering an exceptional and memorable customer experience.
Our team members are dedicated to our mission and culture. As part of your day at Philz, you’ll take on and embody the following core values:
OBSESS OVER CUSTOMERS
We are deeply passionate about delighting our customers with truly great service and an overall experience that betters their day. When designing a product or experience, we always do so with a customer focused mindset. When we focus our energy on our customers, we give ourselves the best chance of earning success over the long term.
IN PURSUIT OF BETTER
We are driven to better ourselves, our team, our work, our products and customer experience. To be better, quality must be high, but to keep getting better, we must continue making progress and sometimes, the better way forward is invention. We embrace a learners mindset, think for ourselves and aren’t afraid to challenge norms.
BE KIND & KEEP IT REAL
Being kind and keeping it real guide how we treat ourselves, others and the things around us, including our business, our environment and more. We are kind when we are good, respectful and considerate. We keep it real when we are our authentic selves, honest and clear, even when it is difficult to do so. It is good to be kind and kind to be real.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
We make sure that every Philz is a fun, creative and vibrant workplace. A spot where you can be yourself, dress the way you want and have flexibility in your schedule to live your best life. Most importantly, you’ll be part of an environment dedicated to bettering people’s days and building community.
Don’t worry if you’ve never been a barista before. We’ll teach you everything you need to know. In addition, we offer medical, dental and vision insurance, plus a 401k, flexible scheduling and generous paid time off. We're an equal opportunity employer and embrace a diverse workforce.
Sound too good to be true? Stop by any of our Philz locations and ask a team member how they enjoy their job and their experience so far - nothing better than a first hand account!
- Come as you are, Philz values authenticity and embraces a diverse workforce - no uniforms
- Unlimited cups of love while on shift and discounted Philz food, beans and merchandise
- Valuable skills growth on the job and opportunities to learn new areas of the business (merchandising, social media, operations)
- We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time team members (30 hours and above)
- Generous paid time off
- Robust perks with commuter pre-tax benefits, 401(k) plan, and discounted wellness offerings
- Spring Health counseling sessions and additional benefits for all team members
- SoFi Student Loan Refinance
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Ability to operate machinery and make general observations in regards to safety and accuracy of work using visual acuity
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for a minimum of 3 hours
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, and kneel
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to grasp, finger, and reach
- Ability to express or exchange information by means of the spoken word
- Ability to lift 3 pounds to shoulder height repetitively
At Philz, we are an equal opportunity employer and embrace a diverse workforce.